(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Monday, May 29, 2023

No Attachments

From catholicnewsworld.com

The LORD God then called to the man and asked him: Where are you?

He answered, “I heard you in the garden; but I was afraid, because I was naked, so I hid.”

Then God asked: Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I had forbidden you to eat?

The man replied, “The woman whom you put here with me—she gave me fruit from the tree, so I ate it.”

The LORD God then asked the woman: What is this you have done? The woman answered, “The snake tricked me, so I ate it.”

Then the LORD God said to the snake:

Because you have done this,
cursed are you
among all the animals, tame or wild;
On your belly you shall crawl,
and dust you shall eat
all the days of your life.

I will put enmity between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
They will strike at your head,
while you strike at their heel. 

The man gave his wife the name “Eve,” because she was the mother of all the living.

Genesis 3:9-15,20

"Lord, prepare me every day to let go so I may follow You more closely."

Memorial of Mary, Mother of Church


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home