(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Monday, July 03, 2006

Thomas Revisited

Open HandCanon EOS 350D, f1.4, 1/4 sec

"Thomas, the Twin, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples told him, 'We have seen the Lord.' But he replied, 'Until I have seen in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger in the mark of the nails and my hand in his side, I will not believe.'

"Eight days later, the disciples were inside again and Thomas was with them. Despite the locked doors Jesus came and stood in their midst and said, 'Peace be with you.' Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here and see my hands; stretch out your hand and put it into my side. Resist no longer be a believer.'

"Thomas then said, 'You are my Lord and my God.' Jesus replied, 'You believe because you see me, don't you? Happy are those who have not seen and believe.'"

JOHN 20:24-29

"Lord, like Thomas, make us fervent, open and solid in our faith."



<<PREV | HOME | NEXT>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home