(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Vocation

CSI: NY
"The word of Yahweh came to me in these terms, 'Son of man, speak on my behalf against the shepherds of Israel! Say to the shepherds on my behalf: Woe to the shepherds of Israel who feed themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock? But you feed on milk and are clothed in wool, and you slaughter the fattest sheep. You have not taken care of the flock, you have not strengthened the weak, cared for the sick or bandaged the injured. You have not gone after the sheep that strayed or searched for the one that was lost. Instead you ruled them harshly and were their oppressors. They have scattered for want of a shepherd and became prey of wild animals. My sheep wander over the mountains and high hills; and when they are scattered throughout the land, no one bothers about them or looks for them.

"Hear then shepherds, what Yahweh says: As I live--word of Yahweh,--because my sheep have been the prey of wild animals and become their food for want of shepherds, because the shepherds have not cared for my sheep, because you shepherds have not bothered about them but fed yourselves and not the flocks, because of that, hear the word of Yahweh. This is what Yahweh says: I will ask an account of the shepherds and reclaim my sheep from them. No longer shall they tend my flock; nor shall there be shepherds who feed themselves. I shall save the flock from their mouths and no longer shall it be food for them.

"Indeed Yahweh says this: I myself will care for my sheep and watch over them."

EZEKIEL 34:1-11

"Lord, teach me to love You in all that I do."



<<PREV | HOME | NEXT>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home