(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Good Intentions

"Yahweh asked Samuel, 'How long will you be grieving over Saul whom I have rejected as king of Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way to Jesse the Bethlehemite for I have chosen my king from among his sons.'

"As they came, Samuel looked at Eliab the older and thought, 'This must be Yahweh's anointed.' But Yahweh told Samuel, 'Do not judge by his looks or his stature for I have rejected him, Yahweh does not judge as man judges; humans see with the eyes; Yahweh sees the heart.'

"Jesse presented seven of his sons to Samuel who said, 'Yahweh has chosen none of them. But are all your sons here?' Jesse replied, 'There is still the youngest, tending the flock just now.' Samuel said to him, 'Send for him and bring him to me; we shall not sit down to eat until he arrives.' So Jesse sent for his youngest son and brought him to Samuel. He was a handsome lad with ruddy complexion and beautiful eyes. And Yahweh spoke, 'Go, anoint him for he is the one.' Samuel then took the horn of oil and anointed him in his brothers' presence. From that day onwards, Yahweh's Spirit took hold of David. Then Samuel left for Ramah."

1 SAMUEL 16:1b,6-7,10-13a

"Lord, I know that You see into my heart.
Help me to look beyond my own vision
that I may see and follow Your will instead."



<<PREV | HOME | NEXT>>

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home