(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The God You Worship


"Jesus set out with his disciples for the villages around Caesarea Philippi; and on the way he asked them, 'Who do people say I am?'  And they told him, 'Some people say you are John the Baptist; others say you are Elijah or one of the prophets.'

"Then Jesus asked them, 'But you, who do you say I am?'  Peter answered, 'You are the Messiah.'  And he ordered them not to tell anyone about him.

"Jesus then began to teach them that the Son of Man had to suffer many tthings and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the Law.  He would be killed, and after three days rise again.  Jesus said all this quite openly, so that Peter took him aside and began to rpotest strongly.  But Jesus turning around, and looking at his disciples, rebuked Peter, saying, 'Get behind me, Satan!  You are thinking not as God does, but as people do.'

"Then Jesus called the people and his disciples, and said, 'If you want to follow me, deny yourself, take up your cross and follow me.  For if you choose to save your life, you will lose it; and if you lose your life for my sake and for the sake of the Gospel, you will save it."

Mark 8:27-35

"Loving Father, I receive Your unconditional, immeasurable, overflowing love today, and I am ready to love others this way.  In Jesus' name.  Amen."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home