(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Magnificat After Fiat

From www.sjparish.org

And Mary said,

"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit exults in God my saviour!
He has looked upon his servant in her lowliness,
ad people forever will call me blessed.

The Mighty One has done great things for me,
Holy is his Name!
From age to age his mercy extends,
to those who live in his presence.

He has acted with power and done wonders,
and scattered the proud with their plans,
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and lifted up those who are downtrodden.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
but has sent the rich away empty.

He held out, his hand to Israel, his servant,
for he remembered his mercy,
even as he promised to our fathers,
to Abraham and his descendants forever."

Mary remained with Elizabeth about three months, and then returned home.

Luke 1:46-56

"Let me say yes, and praise You, Lord, for everything works for the good of those who love and follow You."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home