(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Monday, September 12, 2016

Factions

From http://www.forbes.com/sites/dailymuse/2014/08/07/4-good-reasons-to-cancel-your-weekly-staff-meeting/#214da0d2314f

To continue with my advice, I cannot praise you, for your gatherings are not for the better but for the worse.

First, as I have heard, when you gather together, there are divisions among you and I partly believe it.  There may have to be different groups among you, so that it becomes clear who among you are genuine.

Your gatherings are no longer the Supper of the Lord, for each one eats at once his own food and while one is hungry, the other is getting drunk.  Do you not have houses in which to eat and drink?  Or perhaps you despise the Church of God and desire to humiliate those who have nothing?  What shall I say?  Shall I praise you?  For this I cannot praise you.

This is the tradition of the Lord that I received and that in my turn I have handed on to you;  the Lord Jesus, on the night that he was delivered up, took bread and, after giving thanks, broke it, saying, "This is my body which is broken for you;  do this in memory of me."  In the same manner, taking the cup after the supper, he said, "This cup is the new Covenant in my blood.  Whenever you drink it, do it in memory of me."  So, then, whenever you eat of this bread and drink from this cup, you are proclaiming the death of the Lord until he comes.

So then, brothers, when you gather for a meal, wait for one another.

1 Corinthians 11:17-26,33

"Father, help me to be an instrument of unity and strength in my family, community and Church."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home