(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Ordained

From http://www.sandiegoknightsofcolumbus.com/2015-ordination-class-shows-increase-in-number-ordained-priests/

I give thanks to Christ Jesus, our Lord, who is my strength, who has considered me trustworthy and appointed me to his service, although I had been a blasphemer, a persecutor and a rabid enemy.  However he took mercy on me because I did not know what I was doing when I opposed the faith; and he grace of our Lord was more than abundant, together with faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

This saying is true and worthy of belief:  Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the first.  Because of that I was forgiven; Christ Jesus wanted to display his utmost patience so that I might be an example for all who are to believe and obtain eternal life.  To the King of ages, the only God who lives beyond every perishable and visible creation--to him be honor and glory forever. Amen!

1 Timothy 1:12-17

"O loving Mother Mary, Mother of priests, take to your heart your Son who is close to you because of His priestly ordination, and because of the power which He was received to carry on the work of Christ in a world which needs Him so much." (Prayer for a Priest)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home