(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Preparation

Using Paint

Naomi had a powerful relative named Boaz, through the clan of her husband Elimelech.

Ruth the Moabite said to Naomi, “I would like to go and glean grain in the field of anyone who will allow me.” Naomi said to her, “Go ahead, my daughter.”  So she went. 

The field she entered to glean after the harvesters happened to be the section belonging to Boaz, of the clan of Elimelech.

Boaz then spoke to Ruth, “Listen, my daughter. Do not go to glean in anyone else’s field; you are not to leave here. Stay here with my young women.  Watch to see which field is to be harvested, and follow them. Have I not commanded the young men to do you no harm? When you are thirsty, go and drink from the vessels the young people have filled.”

Casting herself prostrate upon the ground, she said to him, “Why should I, a foreigner, be favored with your attention?”

Boaz answered her: “I have had a complete account of what you have done for your mother-in-law after your husband’s death; you have left your father and your mother and the land of your birth, and have come to a people whom previously you did not know.

Boaz took Ruth. When they came together as husband and wife, the LORD enabled her to conceive and she bore a son.  Then the women said to Naomi, “Blessed is the LORD who has not failed to provide you today with a redeemer. May he become famous in Israel!  He will restore your life and be the support of your old age, for his mother is the daughter-in-law who loves you. She is worth more to you than seven sons!”

Naomi took the boy, cradled him against her breast, and cared for him.  The neighbor women joined the celebration: “A son has been born to Naomi!” They named him Obed. He was the father of Jesse, the father of David.

Ruth 2:1-3,8-11;4:13-17

"Lord, I surrender to Your plans knowing it'll be for my good."


<< PREV | HOME | NEXT >>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home