(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Saturday, June 03, 2023

Childhood Trauma

From aztrauma.org

He saved me from every evil
and preserved me in time of trouble.

For this reason I thank and praise him;
I bless the name of the LORD.

When I was young and innocent,
I sought wisdom.

She came to me in her beauty,
and until the end I will cultivate her.

As the blossoms yielded to ripening grapes,
the heart’s joy,
My feet kept to the level path
because from earliest youth I was familiar with her.

In the short time I paid heed,
I met with great instruction.

Since in this way I have profited,
I will give my Teacher grateful praise.

I resolved to tread her paths;
I have been jealous for the good and will not turn back.

I burned with desire for her,
never relenting.

I became preoccupied with her,
never weary of extolling her.

I spread out my hands to the heavens
and I came to know her secrets.

For her I purified my hands;
in cleanness I attained to her.

At first acquaintance with her, I gained understanding
such that I will never forsake her.

Sirach 51:12-20

"Father, it's a miracle that I'm wounded but healed.  My wounds are nothing compared to the sacrifice Your Son Jesus made on the cross.  Thank You for receiving me.  Do with me as You wish."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home