(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Thursday, February 09, 2006

We Are A Dying People

A slow day at the Glorietta ParkPentax Optio S50

"In Solomon's old age, his wives led him astray to serve other gods and, unlike his father David, his heart was no longer wholly given to Yahweh his God. For he served Astarte the goddess of the Sidonians, and Milcom, the idol of the Ammonites. He did what displeased Yahweh and, unlike his father David, was unfaithful to him. Solomon even built a high place for Chemosh, the idol of Moab, on the mountain east of Jerusalem and also for Molech, the idol of the Ammonites. He did the same for all his foreign wives who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.

"Yahweh became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from Yahweh, the God of Israel. Yahweh appeared to him twice and commanded him not to follow other gods. But he did not obey Yahweh's command. Therefore, Yahweh said to Solomon, 'Since this has been your choice and you have kept neither my Covenant nor the statutes I commanded you, I will take the kingdom from you and give it to your servant. Nevertheless, I will not do this during your lifetime for the sake of your father David; I will take it from your son. But I will not take it all; I will reserve one tribe for your son for the sake of David my servant, and for the sake of Jerusalem, the city which I have chosen."

1 KINGS 11:4-13

"Lord, I don't want to be like Solomon.
When I become old, I want You to find me faithful.
Until the last breath of my soul."



<<PREV | HOME | NEXT>>

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dying? yeah, i should say so too. in the midst of the materialisim, the quest for fame and fortune, we seem to forget our real purpose in life. we forget to thank Him, who made all these possible and more. ;)

February 10, 2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger ~GFA~ said...

Amen... ;)

February 10, 2006 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are not dying,,,rest lang or alang mapuntahang iba sawa na sa mall,,,,there is hope as long as we live and we believe,,,,rac

February 10, 2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger ~GFA~ said...

yun po ay kung may direction sa buhay.. kaso, marami po yung going through the motions, na walang purpose.

February 10, 2006 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home