(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tap Me

Tap
"Jesus went on to say to the Jews who belived in him: 'You will be my true disciples if you keep my word. Then you will know the truth and the truth will make you free.' They answered him, 'We are the descendants of Abraham and have never been slaves of anyone. What do you mean by saying: You will be free?'

"Jesus answered them, 'Truly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave. But the slave doesn't stay in the house forever; the son stays forever. So, if the Son makes you free, you will be really free.

"I know that you are the descendants of Abraham; yet you want to kill me because my word finds no place in you. For my part I speak of what I have seen in the Father's presence, but you do what you have learned from your father.

"They answered him, 'Our father is Abraham.' Then Jesus said, 'If you were Abraham's children, you would do as Abraham did. But now you want to kill me, the one who tells you the truth--the truth that I have learned from God. That is not what Abraham did; what you are doing are the works of your father.'

"The Jews said to him, 'We are not illegitimate children; we have one Father, God.' Jesus replied, 'If God were your Father you would love me, for I came forth from God, and I am here. And I didn't come by my own decision, but it was he himself who sent me."

JOHN 8:31-42

"Soften my heart, O Lord, so I may choose your path."



<<PREV | HOME | NEXT>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home