(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Blaming Game


"After that Jesus said to them, 'Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I am going to wake him.' The disciples replied, 'Lord, a sick person who sleeps will recover.' But Jesus had referred to Lazarus' death, while they thought that he had meant the repose of sleep. So Jesus said plainly, 'Lazarus is dead and for your sake I am glad I was not there, for now you may believe. But let us go there, where he is.' Then Thomas, called the Twin, said to his fellow disciples, 'Let us also go that we may die with him.'

"When Jesus came, he found that Lazarus had been in the tomb for four days. As Bethany is near Jerusalem, about two miles away, many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to offer consolation at their brother's death.

"When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went to meet him while Mary remained sitting in the house. And she said to Jesus, 'If you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you.'

"Jesus said, 'Your brother will rise again.'

"Martha replied, 'I know that he will rise in the resurrection, at the last day.' But Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection; whoever believes in me, though he die, shall live. Whoever is alive by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?'

"Martha then answered, 'Yes, Lord, I have come to believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world.'"

JOHN 11:19-27

"Lord, help me trust in Your perfect plan for me."



<<PREV | HOME | NEXT>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home