(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Friday, August 17, 2012

Adulterous!

From www.nomadicpictures.com

"The word of Yahweh came to me in these terms, 'Son of man, make known to Jerusalem its sins.  You say on my behalf:  Your beginning was in Canaan; tehre you were born.  Your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite.  On the day you were born your cord was not cut, you were not bathed in water to make you clean, you were not rubbed with salt nor were you wrapped in cloth.  There was no one to look with pity on you or compassionate enough to give you any of these attentions.  You were left exposed in the in the open fields because you were looked upon with disgust on the day you were born.

"'But I passed by and saw you immersed in your blood, I said to you in the midst of your blood, "Live!"  I made you grow like a plant of the field.  You grew up and became tall and were becoming of marriageable age.  Your breasts were formed and your hair had grown but you were naked and exposed.  I passed by later and saw you were at the age of love and spread part of my garment over you to cover your nudity.  I made a covenant with you with an oath--word of Yahweh--and you were mine.  Then I bathed you in water, I cleansed you of your blood and anointed you with oil.  I clothed you with embroidered cloth and put soft leather sandals on your feet.  I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with silk.  I adorned you with jewelry, putting bracelets on your arms, a necklace around your neck and a ring in your nose.  I gave you earrings and a magnificent crown for your head.  You were adorned with gold and silver; your clothing was fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth.  You were fed on the fines flour, honey and oil;  you became very beautiful and rose to be queen.  Your beauty was perfect and your renown spread through the nations, because of the splendor I had given you--word of Yahweh.

"'But you relied on your beauty; you trusted in your fame and you began to give yourself to every passerby like a prostitute.'"

Ezekiel 16:1-15

"Lord, my heart is prone to wander, prone to leave the God I love.  Here's my heart.  Take it and seal it for Your courts above."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home