(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Callous


"This word of Yahweh came to me, 'Son of man, you live in the midst of a house of rebels;  they have eyes for seeing but do not see;  they have ears for hearing but do not hear, for they are a house of rebels.  Because of this, son of man, prepare for yourself an exile's baggage in their sight as an exile does;  and go as an exile to another place in their sight.  Would that they may understand, because they are a house of rebels.

"'You will gather your things, an exile's baggage, by day to be seen by them, and you will leave in the evening as for a departure of deportees.  While they look on, dig a hole in the wall and leave from there.  As they look on, shoulder your baggage and leave in the dark.  Veil your face and do not look at the land for I have made you a sign for Israel.'

"I did as I was ordered, gathering my things by day, an exile's baggage, and in the evening I made a hole in the wall with my hand, I left in the dark, in their presence, shouldering my baggage.

"In the morning, the word of Yahweh came to me:  'Son of man, did not the Israelites, these rebels, ask you, "What are you doing there?"  Answer them on behalf of Yahweh:  This oracle concerns the prince in Jerusalem and all the Israelites remaining in the city.

"'Say, "I am a sign for you," for what I have done will happen to them:  They will be deported, exiled.  The prince among them shall shoulder his baggage in the dark and depart.  They will dig a hole in the wall to let him leave by it.  He will cover his face because he must not see the land with his eyes.'"

Ezekiel 12:1-12

"Dear Lord, forgive me for the times I've chosen to be blind and deaf towards loving You and others more.  Amen."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home