(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Door To Salvation


Upon hearing these words, one of those at the table said to Jesus, "Happy are those who eat at the banquet in the kingdom of God!"

Jesus replied, "A man once gave a feast and invited many guests.  When it was time for the feast, he sent his servant to tell those he had invited to come, for everything was ready.  But all alike began to make excuses.  The first said, 'Please excuse me.  I must go and see the piece of land I have just bought.'  Another said:  'I am sorry, but I am on my way to try out the five yoke of oxen I have just bought.'  Still another said, 'How can I come, when I've just got married?'

The servant returned alone, and reported this to his master.  Upon hearing his account, the master of the house flew into a rage, and ordered his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town, and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.'

The servant reported after a while, 'Sir, your orders have been carried out, but there is still room.'  The master said, 'Go out to the highways and country lanes, and force people to come in, to make sure my house is full.  I tell you, none of those invited will have a morsel of my feast.'"

Luke 14:15-24

"Lord Jesus, I open my heart to You.  Welcome, Lord!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home