(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

No Harsh God

From www.steveseay.com

One day, when large crowds were walking along with Jesus, he turned and said to the, "If you come to me, unwilling to sacrifice your love for you father and mother, your spouse and children, your brothers and sisters, and indeed yourself, you cannot be my disciple.  Whoever does not follow me, carrying his own cross, cannot be my disciple.

Do you build a house without first sitting down to count the cost, to see whether you have enough to complete it?  Otherwise, if you, have laid the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone will make fun of you:  'This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.'

And when a king wages war against another king, does he go to fight without first sitting down to consider whether his ten thousand can stand against the twenty thousand of his opponent?  And if not, while the other is still a long way off, he sends messengers for peace talks.  In the same way, none of you may become my disciple, if he doesn't give up everything he has.

Luke 14:25-33

"Lord, teach me to be generous to You, so that I can offer to You all that I can give, and all that you deserve."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home