(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Humble Pie

Pies

"The Lord Yahweh has taught me
so I speak as his disciple
and I know how to sustain the weary.
Morning after morning he wakes me up
to hear, to listen like a disciple.

"The Lord Yahweh has opened my ear.
I have not rebelled,
nor have I withdrawn.

"I offered my back to those who strike me,
my cheeks to those who pulled my beard;
neither did I shield my face
from blows, spittle and disgrace.

I have not despaired,
for the Lord Yahweh comes to my help.
So, like a flint I set my face,
knowing that I will not be disgraced.

"He who avenges me is near.
Who then will accuse me?
Let us confront each other.
Who is now my accuser?
Let him approach.

"If the Lord Yahweh is my help
who will condemn me?
All of them will wear out like cloth;
the moth will devour them."

ISAIAH 50:4-9


"Lord, fill me up with everlasting food.
Quench my thirst that I may be nourished."



<<PREV | HOME | NEXT>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home