(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Leap Of Faith

From lisagawlas.wordpress.com

So Elijah went to Zarephath.  On reaching the gate of the town, he saw a widow gathering sticks.  He called to her and said, "Bring me a little water in a vessel that I may drink."

As she was going to bring it, he called after her and said, "Bring me also a piece of bread."  But she answered, "As Yahweh your God lives, I have no bread left but only a handful of flour in a jar and a little oil in a jug.  I am just now gathering some sticks so that I may go in and prepare something for myself and my son to eat--and die."

Elijah then said to her, "Do not be afraid.  Go and do as you have said, but first make me a little cake of it and bring it to me;  then make some for yourself and your son.  For this is the word of Yahweh, the God of Israel, "The jar of meal shall not be emptied nor shall the jug of oil fail, until the day when Yahweh sends rain to the earth."

So she went and did as Elijah told her;  and she had food for herself, Elijah and her son from that day on.  The jar of flour was not emptied nor did the jug of oil fail, in accordance with what Yahweh had said through Elijah.

1 Kings 17:10-16

"Lord, help me to realize that I am part of the solution to my problem.  Deliver me from the habit of entrusting everything to You and not taking action, even those that I have control of."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home