(Click on the picture to view the bigger image)

Monday, August 20, 2012

Walk In His Footsteps

From http://hersilent-thoughts.blogspot.com

"It was then that a young man approached him and asked, 'Master, what good work must I do to receive eternal life?'  Jesus answered, 'Why do you ask me about what is good?  One only is good.  If you want to enter eternal life, keep the commandments.'  The young man said, 'Which commandments?'  Jesus replied, 'Do not kill, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.'

"The young man said to him, 'I have kept all these commandments.  What is still lacking?'  Jesus answered, 'If you wish to be perfect, go and sell all that you possess and give the money to the poor, and you will become the owner of a treasure in heaven.  Then come back and follow me.'

"On hearing this answer, the young man went away sad, for he was a man of great wealth."

Matthew 19:16-22

"Lord Jesus, help me overcome my fear.  Give me a fresh perspective and the strength to endure."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home